Tuesday 21 May 2013

It's good to be challenged (from time to time) - Prima and Mixed Media Place

From time to time I've got the pleasure to participate in challenges organized on my favorite craft blogs. As most of us I enjoy a bit of inspiration and a dose of challenge - it gives me a good kick to start my project:) Maybe you will join the fun and play with us too?
First of all - here is a layout I made for Prima Build-A-Page challenge this month. The Sketch was lovely... and I had to make it "my way, I simply couldn't help myself!

Gypsy Stylin' - Prima BAP 

This photo of me and Rae is a keepsake from my Tour in Australia and NZ, we had a lot of fun there including dressing up as Gypsies and ehm... horses ;) Please don't ask why:)



Project is based on Prima Sunrise-Sunset paper collection, Resist Canvas flowers and leaves, Prima paper flowers and vines, Junkyard Findings and my Mechanicals.
Color is made with sprays - I used Primary Elements Pigments from Luminarte. Most of the products you will find here, in Mixed Media Place store :)

The second project is my Mixed-Media Journal cover - and I made this as a part of the challenge on Mixed Media Place Blog. This month we focus on acrylic paint - and my choice were Silks from Luminarte - beautiful, shimmery, vibrant paints I use all the time in my projects!

Finn's journal - cover

The cover of my journal was of course decorated with one of my stencils, some flowers and Mechanicals - my metal embellishments from Prima. The colors I used are from Emperor color set and Empress color set.

Finn's journal - cover

You will find more details about both challenges on the blogs I linked above - I hope you will join the fun and play with us! Have a great creative day!
xoxox

11 comments:

ScrapFia said...

I love your art!! A wonderful LO and great work!!!
Love,
Eva/ScrapFia

Lizzy Hill said...

Both of these are soooo gorgeous & those shimmery colours & that bg chequered texture on the journal cover is totally delicious):):):)

Inkypinkycraft said...

Wonderul x

Heather Jacob said...

wow wow wow !!!! love love love x

snazzyoriginal said...

Beautiful, do you know who wholesales Luminarte Silks in UK/Europe?

finnabair said...

Hi, I know... that nobody.You have to order them directly from them!

Hettie said...

Oh My! These are both fabulous and scrummy!
Hugs
xx

Krisha said...

Stunning work for sure! I LOVE the journal cover, what vibrant colors.

Sharon Y said...

Stunning! Your color choices are just wonderful. Thank You for the close up photos. Let's me see what mechanicals and goodies you used. Love your art.

Rae Cooper said...

Golly Gosh - i have seen nicer pics of me - not sure i pull off the Gypsy thing that well - but boy oh boy was it fun - neigh, neigh lol......... gorgeous creations yet again !!

SusanLotus said...

A stunning book cover! I looove it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...