Monday 23 March 2015

Wine Not?

Happy Monday, Everyone!
If you observe all the amazing creations of my Team, you must know by now that Rebecca has an eye for inconspicuous objects that she turns into true works of Art!
Today she presents another stunning example of her magical altering powers. :)



Hi Everyone, 
Rebecca here with you today to share a wine box mixed media makeover.
As I have mentioned quite a few times before, I love my op shop hunting. I love taking something old and unwanted and turning it into something new and special.
When I found this box sitting on a shelf for $4, I just knew it had to come home with me, time for a little refresh, time to give it some much needed love. 


So as you can see below, the box was kind of pretty, but not really my cup of tea (or coffee usually in my case). For my style it was just a little bleh, so to begin my project I removed all the metal closures and handle and then gave the entire box a coat of Art Basic White Heavy Gesso


The colour I have chosen to paint the box is Lumiere Paint by Jacquard in Pearlescent Blue. Once the paint was completely dry, I gave the box a thin coat of Art Basics Heavy Black Gesso. Not allowing the black gesso to dry completely, once it became slightly opaque I lightly began to rub it back with a baby wipe. 


Adding a large glob of Art Basics 3D Gloss Gel to my craft mat, with a palette knife I began to work in Rust Mica Powder and Black Micro Beads. Using the palette knife I applied the 3D Gel mixture through the Prima Chicken Wire Stencil to the sides of my wine box.
Once completely dry, I shaded around my chicken wire with a Faber Castell Black PITT pen and then smudged it with my finger. 



Using 3D Matte Gel I adhered a selection of random metal and chipboard elements. You will see below earrings, can ring pulls, buttons, and various filigree metal embellishments.
Once all my embellishments were secure, I gave everything (including my fork) a coat of Art Basics Heavy White Gesso


Now the colour can come in and to create my colour I have used a number of different mediums.
I painted the embellishments first with a combination of Lumiere Pearlescent Blue and Lumiere Halo Blue Gold. I then spritzed some Mica Powder which had been pre mixed in little spritzer bottles.
The Mica colours I used include BlueGold & Rust.
Once completely dry, I then again gave another coat of Heavy Black Gesso, then rubbed it all back with a baby wipe.


Art Ingredients Micro Beads in black were adhered all around my embellishments.



Applying the black gesso did dull a little of the sparkle, and who doesn't love sparkle?
To bring back some razzle dazzle I sprinkled on some Rust and Gold Mica Powder and then spritzed with water. This was added both to the embellishments and to the box top and sides. 


To balance the top of the box I added chain, Black Micro Beads and a 'Create' Mechanical.



Thank you all for joining me here today, as always - if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Wishing you all a fabulous and creative day.

~ Rebecca ~

Materials used:

15 comments:

Kathyk said...

There can be only one word for this project and it's "GORGEOUS!" very creative

Kathyk

Unknown said...

Absolutely fabulous ❤️

Unknown said...

This piece is absolutely gorgeous! Rebecca you rocked it!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Absolutely stunning!

Unknown said...

Very pretty, love how creative it is!

Unknown said...

Like night and day - from the old to the new - what a fantastic transformation. You are just so talented! Wow. j.

CarrieStephenson said...

Stunning project. Love the colours, textures and the addition of the fork :D

Katia said...

awesome work!!!

LucianaW said...

Amazing!!!! Congrats!!!!

Quirky Shepherd said...

oh wow this is fab, you are very talented and inspirational, thank you x

Nan G said...

From bleh to Wowzer!! Fabulous make over!

Carol McCready said...

Now that wine box is swoon worthy.

mamablitger said...

Oh dear ... I LOVE and adore your stunning project. What a transformation for that box. You are so talented. And it's such a pleasure to see and enjoy what you are doing. Thank you for all the pics and text in the step-by-step info..
Thanks a lot for sharing your creativity. It's cery inspiring.
Hugs from Monica.... Spain

Sue said...

This is a gorgeous makeover. I love it.

Ann said...

Lovely wine case, love how you added the fork.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...