Monday 2 November 2015

Just Breathe Forever

Happy Creative Monday, dear Readers!
How many of you happened to be so charmed by a single vintage photo that it inspired a whole art piece? It surely happened to me many many times. ;)
Today, our lovely Athanasia is presenting an extraordinary canvas inspired by one ephemera photo...



When I saw this beautiful vintage photo from Finnabair's Ephemera Vintage Collectibles I knew exactly what I wanted to make: a vintage canvas.
This photo evokes so many emotions for me, like nostalgia, romanticism and melancholy in a beautiful way and I wanted to include all these feelings in my canvas.


I started creating the background by doodling with a soft drawing pencil and used Clear Gesso in order to seal it and make sure that it wouldn't go away no matter what.
Then I made custom paints with Soft Matte Gel and Mica Powders and used them with a beautiful Lace stencil.
I also used stamps, Crackle Texture Paste and a few Art Ingredients to create various textures and dimension to the project. 


The Mechanical Flowers  were the perfect embellishment for my canvas, I really love how they look there!
I also made a couple of paper embellishments with stamps and embossing powders.





You can watch the hole process step by step in my video.



I had a really great time creating this project, based on just one beautiful photo!
Maybe you will find your inspirational photo and create a romantic vintage project too :)

xxx


Materials used:



8 comments:

Kim Collister Studio said...

Athanasia, Love love your project! Thank you for the inspiration. I have just a vintage photo in mind to create one of my own!!
Happy Creating!
Kim
www.imgirlwithoutwings.com

Made for an Angel said...

looks amazing, I love it!

Kathy Bradley said...

Your canvas truly has a vintage feel - awesome ephemera photo, textures and colors - gorgeous!

Sandra C. said...

Athanasia, your canvas is so beautiful! You turned simple elements into elegant groupings. Thank you for the tutorial. I learned some new techniques! I look forward to seeing more of your work.

selena said...

magnifique

Annie said...

A fabulous canvas with amazing textures and details. Thank you for sharing the step by step video
Annie

Juliz Design Post said...

Brilliant video, thanks for sharing.
Julie x

Athanasia said...

Thank you ladies! I really appreciate your beautiful comments <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...