Wednesday 20 July 2016

Moonlit Clock

Hi there, dear ones!
I'm right in the middle of my US/Canada teaching tour - busy days, amazing meetings and my ever inspiring students - who could ask for more?! ;) If you'd like to take a peek at my crazy wonderful life, I document it all on my instagram, take a look there.
Today I'd like to show you a project from my Heart of the Clock class that turned out to be really popular this year.

Not a long ago, I had the chance to work on this metal clock frame of mine in Lyon, France and I was so thrilled to see my students feel inspired and create their own altered beauties.


This whole class is about... not limiting ourselves. ;) Why not go baroque with embellishments, paints and my Art Extravagance pastes!
It's such great fun to see how simple objects get transformed when you create rough surfaces and rich textures. You can read more about Art Extravagance line {here}

Even the paper flowers (usually so soft and delicate) were given a shiny, metallic look and I hope it won't be easy for you to tell the difference between them and my other real metal trinkets. :)


My Art Alchemy Metallique acrylic paints provide the mysterious moonlight glow. :)
Here are the products I used to turn this simple metal frame into something - I hope - a bit more magical. ;)


I hope you feel inspired and maybe some day we'll meet during one of classes and have the chance to create some magic together. :)
Hugs to you all!
 

7 comments:

Dreamy Attic said...

Love it :)

Kathy Bradley said...

Finn - I enjoyed all of your classes Tuesday and Wednesday in Springfield, IL - but the clock was my most favorite!! Your clock is gorgeous!

NolyArt said...

O wow! This is amazing work!!!

KOLOROWY ptak said...

Przepiękny! i niesamowicie klimatyczny!

Asas à imaginação said...

Fabulous!

Deborah Frings said...

I did this class yesterday - and am absolutely thrilled to bits with my "wicked" looking clock! Such a fun class. Thank you.

Indigo said...

This is Stunningly beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...