Monday 5 September 2016

Jingle Bells!

Hello, Dear Ones!
'Jingle Bells' in September...? Really...?! First of all, when inspiration strucks, one better listens to it. ;) And secondly, I get a feeling that some of you might already be starting your preparations for the Season, am I right? :)

Our wonderful Denisa created this amazing project (with a step by step tutorial) that sparks some great ideas and will make you want to create some Xmas awesomeness too!
One may think I´m a bit crazy because today I´d like to share with you my tiny box make over. So far the idea may not seem shocking to you, I know, but as you´ll see later it´s all about upcoming Christmas. :)
You see, September means two things for me: dreamy holidays are over and sweet Xmas is just around the corner. No time for sleeping.
Especially when you´re a scrapbooker. Lots of cards, boxes, albums and gifts have to be designed and done before it all gets busy and hectic. So here I am with my Christmas cutie.
Actually, it´s a box I got from my friend Marysia and guess what… inside there were some little pressies and a stunning ATC. Now hurry up and let´s get started before Xmas is here! :)
First thing I did was covering the lid of the box with black and white fabric. I used 3D Matte Gel for glueing it down.
Then I applied a thin layer of Clear Gesso just on the top side. When dry, I added a bit of Heavy White Gesso here and there. I didn´t want to cover the entire surface because I really liked the pattern. Well, I wasn´t very careful and I almost did. Then I found a strip of another fabric so I glued it on the top. Again using 3D Matte Gel.

When dry I did some stamping with black Archival ink and used Lindy´s Magicals to add some more color. I applied a little bit of Art Alchemy Opal Magic Acrylics with the Silicone Brush. I let it all dry.
Then I painted some sisal with Heavy White Gesso and glued it down on the lid. I had some tiny cones and seedlings that I also glued on the lid and gessoed them as well.
Before drying, I sprinkled a bit of various sizes of Art Stones here and there to add more variety and texture.
Then again I went for magicals, sprinkled them on the cluster and sprayed with water.
Then it all got hectic just like before Christmas and I played with Art Ingredients adding some Silver Art Sugar, went for Gold Rush and Pitch Black Glass Glitter and did some painting using Ancient Coin Art Alchemy acrylic paint.
I also glued down some Mechanicals metal elements and added some pearls.
Finally, some black and white Ecoline splashes and the very first Xmas project is done! :)

Wishing you a perfect indian summer full of time for creating anything that your heart and soul desire.
Denisa

Materials used:


7 comments:

talkis23 said...

wow wow wow and wow I love this beauty

Unknown said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and inspiring!

froebelsternchen said...

Just AMAZING!!!!

Astrid Zwaan said...

Wow this is just Amazing....so inspiring!!

MakaArt said...

Stunner! I love your work! ;-)

Mona Pendleton said...

So cool and creative!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...