Friday 29 December 2017

With Brave Wings She Flies

Hello dear Readers!
It's time for my Creative Team's very last project in 2017!
Today Tanyalee is here to put you in the creative mood during these last days of December.
You will love seeing how she reached for a whole range of lovely different gold mediums to create this precious little canvas filled with magical tones and textures!

We all hope you will step into the brand New Year with a paintbrush in your hand spreading your art wings! :)

*   *   *   *
Hello there lovely artist friends. It’s Tanyalee here with a fun mini canvas tutorial for the Finnabair Creative Team.
I enjoyed playing with all sorts of texture and Art Extravagance crackle pastes on this canvas to create a layered, abstract piece.
I started with a layer of Black Gesso and Graphite Texture Paste through a 'Mechanica' stencil to create a textured background, knowing I was going to cover most of it up with tissue paper afterwards. The tissue paper adds some great dimension to the piece.
Then I added Gold and Platinum Crackle Paste for interest, and for sparkle - some gold Glitter from the 'Luminous' set.
Next I added the Grungy Butterfly Mechanicals and rubbed them with some Vintage Gold Wax before using some Gold Mica Powder to make drips on the canvas.
I finished off with some White Impasto paint splatters and word stickers ‘with brave wings she flies’. It felt right with the butterflies and the black, white and gold theme.

Here's my video tutorial - I hope you'll feel inspired!






I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, and I look forward to creating a new project in the new year!

In messiness












Products used:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...